How to create a semantic core for an online store
Optimization of any site is a necessary stage of work, of course, if you are interested in search engine promotion, i.e. in increasing site traffic with the help of an influx of target audience from search engines. On how to select key phrases and distribute them correctly, we have already written in the article “how to make a semantic core of the site.”
We will not return to the basic concepts and manual selection of keywords in the Yandex Wordstat service. We will focus more on the features of working with online stores.
Differences optimize an online store
Important differences stores from narrow themed projects:
- Large selection of different products, often belonging to different groups (categories). All of them need their own keys, which makes the collection of the list of requests long and time-consuming. To facilitate the process, you will need special software.
- High competition in the commercial sphere makes the use of high-frequency, and not for the main categories of goods, even low-frequency keys impractical. The new online store will not be able to compete with the large trading platforms existing not the first year. Moreover, the advertising budgets of business start-UPS and those “monsters” are incommensurable.
- Queries for the home page can be particularly difficult to pick up, because it is impossible to combine all directions within a single ad page. We have to make choices.
To write a good semantic core for an online store – a long process that requires perseverance and care. It is necessary to be prepared for the serious work to be done. Exceptions are cases where you sell a small number of products belonging to the same category. In this case, you can just pick up the keys for Vordstat and break them into groups, as for any other thematic project.
The basic principles of formation of” keys ” for shops
- Main page: key queries should include the main directions of trade (you can list the names of product categories, add 1-2 keys to the text), as well as mandatory – the name of the online store. If it is written in Latin, then also add the key-writing the name in Russian letters. The shop, unlike many news articles or resources that should be searched by name, it is your brand, and over time buyers will from memory to type it in the search box.
- Key groups: for simplicity, you can divide all queries into product categories and subcategories. If you still have “unnecessary” or “uncomfortable” requests for business pages, you can postpone them for the article section. To wage the partition “news” and” useful articles ” you would still chase. They are needed as a tool to work with customers, and for the subsequent search engine promotion, because search engines appreciate if the site regularly appear new pages with unique content. And SEO experts add to them the key phrases that need to be “tightened”.
- The “key” for the item cards. They are formed according to the standard scheme – “product Name” + selling triggers, i.e. the words “price”, “buy”, “order”, etc.these combinations include SEO tags and the text of the product description. Especially with the help of statistics services for commodity cards, requests are rarely selected, most often the requests coincide with the designs described above. It is worth checking the name of some products, if there are different spelling options. Also check in vordstat the most important positions for the seller, especially if for some reason the volume of their sales is lower than expected.
It should be reminded that stop words are a list of words and phrases that should be excluded from the semantic core at the stage of keywords selection. For online stores such a list is usually standard, and can be made prior to collection requests.
Important: after the program collects the keywords for you, excludes all phrases containing the selected stop words, the person, however, will have to remove some phrases in the process of work, as they may contain phrases that are not included in the list of exceptions. Advise in the identification of these phrases to complete the set of stop words.
The usual list:
- free, free (free, free download);
- with their hands-to make, collect, repair;
- used (b/a) – except in the case of second-hand stores;
- manual (if you don’t lay out the documents);
- brands of competitors (popular);
- social networks (Vkontakte, vk, Instagram, Instagram, Odnoklassniki, Facebook, etc.). When searching for private ads often looking for” buy Vkontakte”, and when searching for a photo to the product name append, for example, Instagram.
In some cases, it is also important to exclude the names of popular games. For example, if you sell onion (green, green, seeds), then you are unlikely to need visitors on request “buy onion orca WOW”.
Unsuitable, but popular regions. For example, for sales in Novosibirsk, the word “Moscow” will be clearly superfluous, and there are such requests often in almost any product group.
Collect the semantic kernel
For the collection of a large semantic core, most commonly used program Key Collector, or, in case of limited budget, its a free tool with a funny name “Sawaab”. Externally, they are similar functionally. But Key Collector more automation, and there are no limitations. For example, in Kay Collector, you can automatically delete all phrases that contain stop words. And the program “Slaveb” it does not, have to work with the list manually.
Consider how to build a semantic core for an online store using the example of Key Collector.
So, you’ve opened the program. The first step is to create a new project. You can name it as you like, after which it will be saved in a file with the extension .kcdb in the directory that you specify on the computer. Without the project file, the program will not be able to work. We recommend creating your own projects for different sites. So if necessary, you can always go back to any saved project and continue working with it.
Now pay attention to the upper left corner of the program. Here are the buttons:
- “Sheet – – create a new project;
- Folder – open the saved project;
- “Disk” – saving the project;
- Excel worksheet-export results to Excel;
- “Gear” – project settings.
Click on the “Gear” (1) and select in the menu that opens Parsing – Yandex.Direct.
Here you can enter your Yandex Username and Password, and on other tabs – for Google, other search engines and systems on which you want to collect keywords. And save your changes.
It is advisable to use accounts created specifically for parsing, as periodically because of the “suspicious activity” search engines on these accounts impose restrictions.
Back in the main window. At the bottom of the page we find the button “Regions” for different search engines. Here you can limit the search to certain countries and settlements.
Next, look at the control buttons at the top of the window. And click on the icon “chart statistics” in the upper row of the buttons. Red button – Yandex, blue-Google.
In the opened window for each search engine create a list of phrases for which you need to collect queries.
For example, the semantic core for an online store will be collected for a jewelry store in Moscow, selling exclusively rings:
You can specify here the requests suitable to you both for one category of goods, and for several at once. After all the names of the categories and important goods you are interested in are listed, press the “start collecting”button. After a few minutes you will have a list consisting of hundreds of phrases. For example, in our example, we got 675 query results.
Similarly, you can work with Google, Rambler and other systems (each has its own control button, and when you hover over it, a hint appears). A list of the major categories and keys can be copied.
Now it’s time to stop talking. Button “Stop words” is at the top left, large and noticeable. Clicking on the button opens a window where you simply copy the pre-collected stop words (or selected when reading the list of results).
It remains to click “Mark phrases in the table”. After that, in the main window click on “Delete selected phrases”. Now in the top line click on the Excel sheet-export to file. We obtain a ready Excel table of keywords, next to which their frequency is specified. All the phrases are grouped by key phrases from your list, then it is divided by category of goods. It remains to review once again the resulting table, remove missing inappropriate phrases and categories divided into subcategories and future pages.
Copy SEO core competitors
Another method of obtaining a semantic kernel for an online store is copying the list of requests from successful competitors. It may not be quite right, but quickly and efficiently. Phrase derived so exactly work. To do this, there are many services to collect information about other people’s sites. For example, ahrefs.com, key. So or spywords.ru. In any of these sequence of actions approximately the same:
- Find a successful project-competitor.
- Copy their website address.
- Insert into field “address” on the service website.
- Select “Keys”/”Keys” or similar function.
- Get a ready plate with keywords and indicators of their popularity.
Alternatively, you can create a custom kernel based on the analysis of several successful resources. Features results list is no different – carefully split it in all the categories, sub-categories, information pages, a surplus in the articles section.
If you are going to work independently with the compilation of the semantic core for the online store, be prepared for the fact that even with the help of programs or online services you will receive no more than a General list of keywords. And then you have to manually make of them SEO-core. This work requires maximum attention. Most likely, you will spend more than one day on the final formation of the nucleus. Also note that a person gets tired, when working with large lists, the probability of errors is high, especially for inexperienced people in this case. We recommend not to waste time on experiments. Order the SEO core and subsequent promotion from specialists, and focus on your main business – the sale of your goods. It is much more profitable and reliable!