How to write a good semantic core of the site
For the webmaster, the development of the semantic core of the site is considered to be an integral step in the promotion of any project in search engines. It is necessary and to optimize the site, and to compile ads in contextual advertising, and for other methods of promotion. In fact, the complex term “semantic core” hides a relatively simple selection and distribution of key phrases suitable for the project. But to understand what and how to do it, let’s see more.
How to collect the semantic core of the site: the main methods
Semantic core is a list of key queries that characterize the theme of the site or blog. All suitable on the subject of the phrase should be collected based on the statistics of search engines, i.e. to reflect the real user search queries. In addition, the creation of a semantic core includes the distribution of these queries in groups, the elimination of unnecessary phrases, as well as the distribution of all search phrases on the pages of the future site.
Where to get search phrase to a semantic kernel?
Each search engine collects its own statistics of user queries, that is, the phrases that visitors enter in the search bar when trying to find the information they need. And when optimizing the project pages for a specific search engine it makes sense to focus on the statistics of the selected search engine.
In Runet are considered the most popular search engines Yandex and Google. Both offer free query statistics, and you can use any of the services. Practice shows that the difference in these data is not too big, but because a beginner web-masters are traditionally recommended to use mobile Yandex.Wordstat. Unlike the similar Google service, it is available even without registration and is very easy to use.
Another popular answer to the question of how to build a semantic kernel is the use of special programs. Very popular among SEO professionals are considered KeyCollector or its free counterpart with a funny name “Sawaab”. They allow you to collect key phrases simultaneously from Yandex and Google, configure the collection of phrases and frequency values, taking into account parameters such as region, seasonality and other factors. But at the heart of their work is the collection of the same statistics from search engines.
How to create a semantic kernel for a site
Regardless of whether you work directly with Yandex or Google statistics services, or use special programs, you need to correctly set the task to collect statistics.
What you need for this:
1. Make a list of phrases that from your point of view are suitable for your site.
2. Check each of these phrases in the statistics service, make sure that it is popular.
3. If your business is seasonal or works only in certain regions, you need to perform the check in two ways: to introduce a restriction on the search by region, as well as to specify key phrases without regional restrictions, but with the desired region in the search phrase.
4. Do not forget to collect the words from the “right column Yandex.Vordstat, which displays associative queries consisting of possible synonyms of the phrase you are checking.
So you’ve got a list of possible key words, next to each indicates the number of queries per month. This list will be your basis for drawing up a semantic kernel.
SEO core: query groups and the choice of key phrases
You already have a list of search phrases that can be useful for filling the content of your site. But, most likely, very much. In addition, some of these phrases overlap. However, you are already halfway to make a semantic kernel for free and with high quality.
Specialists divide all requests into 3 main groups:
· HF – high frequency queries. The most brief and common phrases, sometimes also called information. Such queries typically consist of 1 or 2 words. For example, if we are talking about the mattress, the “mattress” and “mattress” is a high frequency phrase. In statistics, they usually have very high rates (from 10,000 repetitions and above)
· MF – medium frequency queries. They are also called clarifying. Here the main sentence is added 1-2 words, clarifying the need. For example, “buy orthopedic mattresses”, “clean up the mattress in Saratov or mattresses to buy in Moscow” — it has to be a mid-range queries, they act and region expressed more precisely. Here is the figure search statics below, usually from 1 to 10 000 iterations.
* Low frequency low frequency requests. Here, the phrase can consist of 4-5 or more words. Usually, at this stage, the user of the search engine specifies their needs as much as possible. For example,” buy a red orthopedic mattress in Moscow “or” how to clean the mattress at home from stains ” are long detailed requests. It is clear that the frequency of repeats at the low.
It’s time to return to your list and share all the search phrases into 3 groups – high, medium and low frequency. It is usually recommended to make a semantic kernel of queries based on the principle:
* HF phrases-10-15%;
* SCH phrase-20-40%;
* Low phrases-45-70%.
It is very important to understand that competition among high-frequency requests is very high. And because the decision how to write a good semantic core, we should also consider whether you are ready to spend large amounts on advertising and promotion. If not, you should pay more attention to midrange and low frequency phrases.
It is also very important to carefully read the resulting list and remove from it all the phrases that you do not quite fit. For example, if you sell mattresses, “buy a mattress” would be your phrase. But if you are promoting a service for repair of mattresses and tips on how to take care of them, all phrases with the word “buy” will obviously not yours. And the visitors who will find your project on these requests will clearly leave disappointed, which will serve as a negative factor for the development of the project.
The creation of a semantic kernel of the site: distribute the words on the pages
Typically, key phrases are handled as follows:
1. Statistics collection is from 100 to 200 phrases.
2. Subtraction and counting of unsuitable queries – minus 50% or even more.
3. Removal of part of the midrange and tweeter. About 20-30% of the remaining words are eliminated.
At the last stage it is necessary to stop in more detail, as it also causes certain difficulties. In fact, everything is very simple: we leave only the most important ones out of high-frequency requests, which are 100% suitable for your project. In addition, you can safely remove some of the high-frequency queries that are part of the midrange. So, if there are requests “orthopedic mattresses” and “buy orthopedic mattresses”, the first can be safely removed.
Similar work carried out while removing a mid-range queries, but at the same time look if the MF request is part of low frequency. There is already a small table, which includes from 10 to 30 phrases (more – in the case of a large project, for example, an online store). And the last stage of the work-the distribution of words on the pages.
We begin to distribute the semantic core of the site. Want to learn how to compose key phrases for pages? There are different opinions, but almost all experts agree that it is desirable to be guided by the following rules:
1. Most or all high frequency phrases should be on the home page
2. Mid-range requests are also sent to the main page and the main headings menu (page is just a click away from the main).
3. Low-frequency are distributed taking into account their semantic load on all pages of the site.
Also, do not use too many keys on the same page. If you try to make the semantic core of the site in this way, you run the risk of getting into the search ban because of the “perespama” of key phrases, or Vice versa, search bots because of the variety of keys simply will not be able to understand the theme of the site. The optimal density is about 4% for each key, and no more than 3-4 different key phrases per page with text 2-3 thousand characters (the most common volume for pages on the Internet).
Is it possible to make a semantic kernel automatically
Almost all experts in answering the question of how to make the semantic core of the site with their own hands, agree that the best method is the analysis and distribution of key phrases manually. Nevertheless, they are trying to automate this work as well.
For example, to collect keywords on a given topic, programs and online services were created, some of which were mentioned above. Their main advantage in comparison with manual work with Yandex.Vordstat consists in the possibility of batch collection of statistics. Ie you can specify several key phrases that you are interested in, and collect key requests for all these phrases at the same time in automatic mode. And the main disadvantage of this approach is that automatic parsers can miss important and useful key phrases from the number of “additional keys” (the right column of statistics).
Also in the network you can find entire services that offer to automatically collect the semantic core for the site from scratch, but in fact, their work is either poor quality, or requires almost all stages of human participation. And because they can facilitate the work, but seriously rely on such services, both paid and free, not worth it.
How to quickly assemble a semantic core: professional services
The owners of a small website or blog for obvious reasons try to create a semantic core for free with their own hands. When working with a small and narrow-thematic resource, it really makes no sense to spend money on a semantic core. For example, bloggers can tell a lot of stories about how, without the selection of keys to succeed simply because they wrote on a single, narrow topic. And in other cases, the list of key phrases is so simple and obvious that it will not cause any difficulties even for a beginner.
But if you are the owner or developer of a large commercial project, where experiments and errors can be expensive, and the period of filling the site should be minimized, the best solution is to order a semantic core specialists.
You will get a ready version of the seo-core, in which all the key phrases are already distributed on the pages, as well as recommendations on the volume of text on each page and other useful tips on which you or your employees will be able to write optimized quality content.
Thus, you will not worry about how to choose the semantic core of the site, and get an optimized project ready for further advancement.